Work Permit online application notice：Please fill in the Work Permit Questionnaire for Overseas Students
- The Ministry of Education (MOE) stipulates that in order to care for and track overseas students’ work-study situation, and to regularly track whether students have violated the Employment Service Act and other related laws. Please fill out the survey form before applying for a work permit at the work permit application website. If you do not fill out the survey form beforehand, we will not process your application for a work permit.
- Online work permit application
There are 2 terms of the work permit period
- For applications made in the first semester (fall semester), the work permit is valid until March 31st of the next semester.
- For applications made in the second semester (spring semester), the work permit is valid until September 30th of the same year.
- Permits with shorter validity periods may be issued, based on the period when students apply. Because the requirements for each student’s part-time job are different, the validity periods of the work permits are based on the applications, but the longest period is 6 months.
- Work permits for university/college graduates (including students whose graduation is delayed) are valid till June 30 of the same year. Students who will go to the summer classes or delay their graduation must present the relevant proof document issued by the school or their department. Students already admitted to a university (college) or graduate school should attach a document stating that he/she has completed the registration procedure issued by the school so that they may apply to extend the valid period of their work permit to September 30 of the same year.
The required documents
- You can get the Payment Slip from the OIA or go to the nearest Post Office directly. You may need to write down some details including the Transfer Number 19058848, Transfer Fee NTD 100, and your name, phone number, and address in a blank payment slip.
- Log in to your work permit account & apply online. Please type the receipt number, the date for payment, and Post Office’s branch number on the application page. (For the ATM payment, please select the “Bill Payment” function; not the “Fund Transfer” function.)
- Uploading the student ID (both sides) with a current semester’s registered stamp or an enrollment certificate (PDF).
- Uploading your passport information page & both sides of ARC.
- Hong Kong & Macao Students please select “ethnic Chinese Students” for your identity section in the Work Permit online application system.
- After confirmation of the documents, a work permit will be approved and issued by the Labor Agency (Taipei Office). Please come to the OIA in 3-5 days after you received the system automatic message or email from the Labor Agency.
- The labor office will email and inform you of corrections if needed, please pay attention to the required correction period. An extra fee or re-application may be required if you haven’t done the correction before the deadline.
- International Students are allowed to work a maximum of 20 hours per week during regular semesters. This limit does not apply to winter and summer vacations during semesters.
- Refer to the online application procedure, please find the attachment ” Online Work Permit Application Instruction” and read it closely.
- For more information, please visit MINISTRY OF LABOR REPUBLIC OF CHINA(TAIWAN).